Mirena IUD Helpline covering Cinncinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Ohio and Mirena IUD Lawyers are ready to help you
The Mirena IUD is a small, plastic, T-shaped device that your OB/GYN inserts into your uterus. The Mirena is often touted as getting around most of these due to the Levonorgestrel. This IUD works by preventing sperm from reaching the egg and fertilizing it. It also thins the lining of the uterus, which is what leads to reduced bleeding over time. The Mirena can remain implanted for up to 5 years.
Mirena side effects
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Intrauterine Pregnancy (a pregnancy in the uterus with the IUD in place)
- Group A streptococcal sepsis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Embedment of the device in the uterine wall
- Perforation of the uterine wall or cervix
Ohio Women: If you have had a Uterine Perforation from the Mirena IUD we want to speak to you.